Are you planning to travel abroad and you want to know how to apply for Philippine passport? Here’s a step by step guide on how to get a Philippine passport through the DFA Passport Appointment System. Please note that the requirements and guidelines below are for Filipinos who want to apply passport in the Philippines. Information on how to apply passport online is also provided. The process and requirements to apply Philippine passport renewal, however, may differ particularly if you are based in other countries such as UK, US and Canada.
How to Apply Passport in the Philippines
1. Secure Philippine passport requirements. It is better to prepare the important documents before you contact DFA for your passport because some of these documents may not be easily available or may take days to secure. Make sure that you have the original copy and photocopy of these documents. Some of the most important of Philippine passport requirements are as follows.
Birth Certificate issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO)
Valid ID such as digitized government-issued IDs like SSS, PRC and school IDs for students.
Supporting documents with your full name, date of place and birth and citizenship such as the following
Government Service Record
School Form 137 or Transcript of Records with dry seal
Other documents that show full name and birth details of applicant and/or citizenship
Voter’s Registration Record from COMELEC Intramuros
Baptismal Certificate with dry seal
Income Tax Return (Old)
The full list can be found here http://passport.com.ph/requirements
2. Set an appointment by going to this link http://passport.com.ph/set-appointment or you can also call 737-1000. We shall, however, focus on applying for passport online.
3. Answer the captcha and then click “Start Individual Appointment Process”
4. Fill up the individual application form and then click submit.
5. Take note of the requirements that you need to bring on your appointment date.
6. Choose an appointment date and time
7. Check for your reference number and application form link that will be sent to your email. Make sure to print this form and bring it with you during your appointment.
8. Be at the DFA Consular Office on your appointment date 30 minutes before your scheduled time with all the needed requirements and photocopies. DFA Consular Office is located at ASEANA Business Park, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Boulevard, Paranaque City.
9. Show your printed application form to the Appointment Counter and get your queue number at the information counter. Wait for your number to appear before proceeding to the processing window.
10. After processing, proceed to the Passport Enrollment Section and pay for the passport processing fees.
11. Proceed to Encoding Section for data capturing after payment. If you opt to have your passport delivered to your home without returning to the DFA, pay for the delivery fee.
12. Wait for the release of your Philippine passport.
This site is NOT the official website of the DFA. For discrepancies in steps and requirements provided by this site and DFA, please follow the guidelines provided by the Department of Foreign Affairs. Requirements and procedures on how to apply Philippine passport may have changes since this post was written.